Now that the engagement is on it's time to start the planning process. The family is happy, your future is bright and filled willed endless possibilities. To make the dream come true requires time, effort, and major doses of the "three Cs" of wedding planning: consideration, communication and compromise, and more compromise. You are approaching major decisions; however, don't forget to relish in this time. It's your opportunity to explore your wedding fantasies---and those your loved ones may share. Happy Wedding Planning!
- Inform out-of-town guests of wedding date and/or send save-the-date email.
- Locate a bridal salon and begin trying on wedding gowns and veils. Make sure you bring stockings, heels, a strapless bra, and a hair clip to each appointment.
- Get in shape for your wedding gown by starting an exercise routine.
- Get ideas for honeymoon locations and research pricing. (This could a project for the groom)
- Start looking at floral designs and interview florists for style and cost.
- Search for menu ideas and start meeting with caterers.
- Research wedding photography and interview wedding photographers/videographers.
- Get ideas for music and interview bands/DJs.
- Finalize flower and decor ideas, and select a florist. Include specifics of each floral arrangement in your contract.
- Sign a caterer.
- Order your wedding gown.
- Shop for and select the perfect bridesmaid dress.
- Book your honeymoon.
- Find out if your ceremony location requires liability insurance.
- Finalize contracts with your wedding protographer and videographer.
- Book your DJ/band.
- Browse and purchase wedding dress accessories, including shoes, lingerie, purse, and gloves.
- Choose officiant and discuss ceremony ideas.
- Start thinking about all of your gift registry options.
- Select three hotels in varying price ranges and reserve rooms for out-of-town guests.
Beverly Harris Weddings & Events